16×2 Character LCD Module Blue Background
Popular alphanumeric LCD display, powered by 5 V. It is characterized by simple operation, high availability and numerous support for many microcontrollers.
The display can be controlled in the following modes:
- 8 bits without reading the busy flag - eight data bus lines and two control lines (RS, E - RW connected to ground) are required for transmission.
- 8-bit with busy flag reading - eight data bus lines and three control lines (RS, E, RW) are required for transmission.
- 4 bits with busy flag reading - four data bus lines and three control lines (RS, E, RW) are required for transmission.
- 4 bits without reading the busy flag - four data bus lines and two control lines (RS, E - RW connected to ground) are required for transmission).
The most commonly used mode of communication is 4-bit mode without reading the busy flag. Sending a half byte saves valuable microcontroller I / O output - only four data lines are used (eight are occupied in 8-bit). Failure to read the busy flag makes it necessary to use software delays, but allows to save another line - R / W. This pin can be permanently connected to the ground, because the data will be transported only one way to the display.
- LCD display 2x16 characters,
- Driver compatible with HD44780
- Blue negative
- Highlighting white LEDs, white characters
- Module size: 80 x 36 x 12 mm
- The dimensions of the sign: 2.45 x 5.00 mm
- Working temperature range: -20 to +70 ° C
|2||VDD||Power supply + 5V|
Selection of the display instruction register
(low state) or data register (high)
|5||R / W||Read (low state) / Record (high state)|
|6||E||Unlocking the display|
|15||LEDA||Backlight supply + 5V|